Why Participate in Undergraduate Research?
- Through the challenge of state-of-the-art research opportunities, undergraduates receive training that develops and improves their scientific skill set.
- Personalized mentored research at the undergraduate level provides undergraduates with training and experience to go on to competitive professional/graduate schools and career positions in research laboratories.
- Undergraduates who take on research projects become full members of an active research laboratory, enriching their educational experience and providing them with opportunities for major scientific discovery.
Academic Year/Summer Research Opportunities and Research Grants
Several sources are available for undergraduates to land research grants during the academic year and/or the summer.
- Northwestern Education and Undergraduate Research on Neuroscience (NEURON)
- Neuroscience Undergraduate Summer Research Grants
- Northwestern University Undergraduate Research Grants
- Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences (WCAS) Grants for Undergraduate Research
- Conference Travel Grants
- Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP)
- Continuing Umbrella of Research Experience (CURE)
- Northwestern Career Advancement's Summer Internship Grant Program (SIGP)
- NU PS-OC Summer Research Experiences for Students
- Cancer Health Disparities Summer Research Program
- Program in Biological Sciences