Why Participate in Undergraduate Research?
- Through the challenge of state-of-the-art research opportunities, undergraduates receive training that develops and improves their scientific skill set.
- Personalized mentored research at the undergraduate level provides undergraduates with training and experience to go on to competitive professional/graduate schools and career positions in research laboratories.
- Undergraduates who take on research projects become full members of an active research laboratory, enriching their educational experience and providing them with opportunities for major scientific discovery.
Academic Year/Summer Research Opportunities and Research Grants
Several sources are available for undergraduates to land research grants during the academic year and/or the summer.
- Neuroscience Undergraduate Summer Research Grants 2020
- Northwestern Education and Undergraduate Research on Neuroscience (NEURON)
- Northwestern University Undergraduate Research Grants
- Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences (WCAS) Grants for Undergraduate Research
- Conference Travel Grants
- Summer Research Opportunity Program (SROP)
- Continuing Umbrella of Research Experience (CURE)
- Northwestern Career Advancement's Summer Internship Grant Program (SIGP)
- NU PS-OC Summer Research Experiences for Students
- Cancer Health Disparities Summer Research Program
- Program in Biological Sciences
More Research Opportunities, Fellowships, and Grants
Keep an eye out here for upcoming opportunities.
- DAAD RISE and RISE Pro (Research Experience in Science and Engineering) funded summer research opportunities in Germany for undergraduate and graduate students in the STEM fields. For more information, please visit https://www.daad.de/rise/en/.
- Undergraduate research information