Neuroscience Undergraduate Summer Research Grants
Neuroscience Undergraduate Summer Research Grants 2021
We are accepting applications for Neuroscience Summer Research Grant. Proposals will be funded at $3500 for 8 weeks full-time summer research in a Northwestern University laboratory on a topic related to Neuroscience. Only declared Neuroscience majors are eligible. No outside work or classes are permitted during the grant award period and no travel is allowed.
Applications are due by email to email@example.com by 5 pm Wednesday, May 26, 2021. The program funding is dependent on University approval.
The 2 page single spaced research proposal should be include the following sections:
- background/introduction to place the work in context
- the open question
- a testable hypothesis
- possible outcomes
- literature references
- a rough 8-week timeline of the work to be accomplished
- how to continue if it becomes necessary to work remotely
- your preparation for this work
- maximum 1-paragraph statement of what you hope to gain from summer research
- the following: name, student ID, netid, phone, major, current class, expected graduation date, faculty mentor name, daily lab mentor (if different)
In addition to this proposal, the faculty mentor (NOT the post-doc) should send directly to firstname.lastname@example.org 1-paragraph endorsement of the student
o who will be available to train the student on a daily basis
o a statement accepting primary responsibility as the student’s mentor, including providing feedback on student’s writing and an opportunity to present their work (lab meeting or other)
Only complete applications will be considered.
Back to top